How To: Copper Eyes
Copper eyeshadow can make a bold statement and intensify the natural color of your eyes. However, if not applied correctly can also make eyes look tired, bloodshot and/or red.
To avoid looking like Marla Singer in Fight Club, choose an accent color to blend with the copper. Whether your copper is shimmery or matte, a deep matte tone blendeded with the metallic shade will look more natural. Because the copper is so bright, it should be used as your primary color rather than pairing it with another bright color.
- 2 Eyeshadow Brushes
- Copper Eyeshadow - Favorite: Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Fire Glow
- Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow – Favorite: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Naked or Buck
Press eyeshadow brush into the Copper Eyeshadow. Tap the brush to remove any excess powder. Swipe the brush across the eyelid and blend up into the crease.
- Blend eyeshadow until you are satisfied with the color and shape.
Using the Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow, blend into the crease and outer “V” of the eye. Making this “V” area a little darker will make the eyes appear larger.
- Run a clean blending brush over your eyelid, using a quick circular motion. This will get rid of any harsh lines.
- Apply the Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow under the eye. If you have small eyes, sweep eyeshadow from the middle of the eye to outer edge. For more drama, blend a tiny bit of the Copper Eyeshadow into the matte color. Do not use a lot or eyes will look red and “angry.”
- Line eyes and apply lots of mascara.
Modify this look depending on your eyes shape and color.
Posted on June 7, 2013, in Beauty, Eyes, Features, How To and tagged 2 eyeshadow brushes, accent color, apply copper eyeshadow, belnd into the crease and outer v, blend in the crease, blend with the copper, bloodshot, blue eyes, bold statement, brown eyes, circular motions, clean blending brush, color and shape, copper eyeshadow, copper is so bright, Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow, deep tone, dramatic eye look, earth tones, eye shape, eyeshadow brush, eyeshadow tutorial, favorite, fight club, green eyes, harsh lines, how to, how to apply eyeshadow, larger eyes, Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Fire Glow, line eyes, make eyes look larger, marla singer, mascara, mate copper eyeshadow, matte color, matte deep tone, modify the look, muted eyeshadow, natural color, primary color, red eyes, shimmery copper, shimmery copper eyeshadow, small eyes, sweep eyeshadow, swipe brush across eyelid and blend up into the crease, tired eyes, Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Naked or Buck. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.