Your perfect nude lip will depend entirely on the shade. Remember nude is not the same as neutral, you must take into consideration your skin tone and lip color. The right color will create depth and contour as the wrong color can make the entire face look dull or washed-out.
Choosing a color for your skin tone:
- For fair or pale skin: Avoid beige tones. Opt for soft pinks, peaches or pale apricot as your base shade.
- For the golden girls: Creamy, caramel-toned nudes and warm beiges. Avoid anything too cool, like grays or silver-toned shades.
- For olive tones: Just about any nude shade will work, from beige to bronze to pinks.
- For skin with yellow undertones: Light, creamy-toned beiges like latte or mocha.
- For dark-toned skin: Go for chocolate tones such as rich golden browns and coffees.
- Nude Lip Liner – Favorite: Here
- Lip Brush
- Nude Lipstick – Favorite: Here
- Nude Lipgloss – Favorite: Here
- Prep and moisturize the lips.
- Blot a layer of foundation onto the lips. This will let lipstick perform at it’s truest color.
- Define lips with a liner that is the half-a-shade deeper than lipstick. This will give the illusion of plumper lips.
- Using a lip brush, apply lipstick.
- Blot the lips with tissue and reapply.
- If a glossy finish is preferred – apply nude lipgloss.
Store-away winter reds and reach for a bright coral. One of Spring’s hottest trends, a coral lip is fresh, vibrant and instantly brightens your complexion.
Surprisingly, coral is a neutral tone, therefore, it looks good on everyone (warm or cool-toned). When selecting a shade that is right for you, the trick is to pick a shade that matches your undertones. If your skin has gold or yellow undertones, a peachier/orange coral will be most flattering. If you have pink undertones, choose a pink or red-based coral. Lastly, to keep the look modern and fresh, try to stay away from shimmers and frosts.
Embrace a coral lip with these six options:
NARS ~ Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Happy Days: $24.00
YSL ~ Rouge Volupté in Extreme Coral: $34.00
Make Up For Ever ~ Aqua Cream in Coral: $23.00
BECCA ~ Beach Tint in Guava: $23.00
Tom Ford ~ Lip Color in True Coral: $48.00
MAC ~ Tinted Lipglass in Sonoran Rain: $14.50