Copper eyeshadow can make a bold statement and intensify the natural color of your eyes. However, if not applied correctly can also make eyes look tired, bloodshot and/or red.
To avoid looking like Marla Singer in Fight Club, choose an accent color to blend with the copper. Whether your copper is shimmery or matte, a deep matte tone blendeded with the metallic shade will look more natural. Because the copper is so bright, it should be used as your primary color rather than pairing it with another bright color.
- 2 Eyeshadow Brushes
- Copper Eyeshadow - Favorite: Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Fire Glow
- Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow – Favorite: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Naked or Buck
Press eyeshadow brush into the Copper Eyeshadow. Tap the brush to remove any excess powder. Swipe the brush across the eyelid and blend up into the crease.
- Blend eyeshadow until you are satisfied with the color and shape.
Using the Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow, blend into the crease and outer “V” of the eye. Making this “V” area a little darker will make the eyes appear larger.
- Run a clean blending brush over your eyelid, using a quick circular motion. This will get rid of any harsh lines.
- Apply the Deep Natural Matte Eyeshadow under the eye. If you have small eyes, sweep eyeshadow from the middle of the eye to outer edge. For more drama, blend a tiny bit of the Copper Eyeshadow into the matte color. Do not use a lot or eyes will look red and “angry.”
- Line eyes and apply lots of mascara.
Modify this look depending on your eyes shape and color.
Summer is all about bronzed, glowing skin. The only product needed to achieve this is Laura Mercier’s Matte Radiance Baked Powder. Available in four bronzing colors and one highlight, one is able to mimic the sun’s rays without the damage.
- Highlight 01 – Golden nude
- Bronze 01 – Fair to light skin tone
- Bronze 02 – Light to medium skin tone
- Bronze 03 – Medium skin tone
- Bronze 04 – Tan to deep skin tone
Titled “Matte Radiance Baked Powder,” this product is far from the stark matte bronzers of the past. Laura Mercier’s Matte Radiance Baked Powder warms-up the skin revealing a healthy glow. No glitter or shimmer but a beautiful glowing sheen.
The ultra-smooth formula provides natural color with absolutley no orange tinge. The modern, multidimensional matte finish reveals a hint of soft luminosity and the sheer, buildable coverage lets you customize your glow.
Easy to apply, these bronzers leave skin looking naturally radiant. Coming from a bronzing addict – this is the most natural finish and color-range I have experienced. It instantly warms up the face and creates healthy looking skin. Laura Mercier’s Matte Radiance Baked Powder is my in my top 10 Summer Must-Haves for 2013.
BEST MOISTURIZING SELF-TANNER: Kerstin Florian Sunless Tan
Kerstin Florian Sunless Tan is an innovative product that provides easy application, natural color, consistency, moisture and a pleasant aroma.
The uber moisturizing formula is enriched with Sweet Almond Oil and Shea Butter to deeply hydrate and smooth the skin for a radiant, streak-free appearance. Ginko Biloba and Echinacea extracts help to condition the skin, fight free radicals and promote healthy cell regeneration.
The active ingredient in most self-tanners is dihydroxyacetone (DHA), which reacts with the outer layer of the skin to create a bronzed tone. Kerstin Florian Sunless Tan uses a natural sunless tanning ingredient derived from a vegetable source. It reacts with amino acids in the top layer of the skin to produce the golden appearance.
Selected by SELF Magazine as the “Best New Self-Tanning Product of the Year,” Kerstin Florian Sunless Tan is thick and creamy and smells subtly like a bouquet of flowers. The initial color is light but builds to a beautiful sun-kissed glow. It feels very lux on the skin and feels and smells like a spa treatment.
Creating a natural looking brow has never been easier. A flawless brow can frame your face and totally change your look. With Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, you can have well-groomed brows in mere seconds.
This aptly named pencil is ultra-fine and mimics the appearance of tiny hairs. The dual-ended mechanical pencil features pencil on one side and an essential spooley brush on the other.
The Brow Wiz is available in four shades: Ash Blonde – suggested for light to dark blonde hair. Medium Ash – suggested for light to medium brown and silver hair. Brunette – suggested for medium brown to black hair. Caramel – suggested for light brown hair with warm undertones, auburn, and strawberry blonde hair.
Application is a cinch with Brow Wiz. For optimal results, use short strokes and a light touch to fill in the brow, and extend where needed. Always blend pencil with the spooley brush for even and natural color.
If eyes are the window to the soul, then brows are the window treatments. Here are some tips and tricks from celebrity brow expert Anastasia Soare, founder of Anastasia Beverly Hills:
· Stay away from tweezers, if your tweezing twice a week you’re doing too much.
· Make sure your brows are the right shade! Half the time a complimentary brow shade will do wonders much like hair color.
· Keep your brows close to your hair color just a touch darker if you’re a blonde, and if your brunette matching them is fine but don’t ever go too dark its overpowering.
· I love pencil for clients that have sparse brows or holes, I can use the pencil to spot touch and still keep the look natural.
· Never leave the house with naked brows. You don’t leave without mascara so don’t leave without pencil or brow gel. Well kept brows will pull anyone together in one minute and that to me is worth it.
ABOUT ANASTASIA SOARE:
Combining her artistic interests with more technical ones, Anastasia trained professionally as an esthetician in Romania before moving with her family to California. While working as an esthetician at several prestigious beauty salons in Beverly Hills, Anastasia developed her own specific Golden Ratio™ technique behind the science of shaping eyebrows and helping to enhance the overall eye area. With her extremely loyal following and the growing buzz behind her brow shaping techniques, Anastasia opened her first full service salon on Bedford Drive in Beverly Hills, named Anastasia Beverly Hills, in 1997. The success of her first salon led her to opening a second full service salon in Brentwood, CA in 2010. Her product line can be found in stores like Nordstrom, Sephora and Ulta worldwide. A highly regarded expert in the field, Anastasia Soare has dedicated her lifetime to the pursuit of balanced natural beauty through the use of innovative ingredients and techniques. Never one to close the book, she will continue to develop products that combine the beauty of Anastasia with the science of skincare.